520 Capitol Mall, Suite 750
Sacramento, CA 95814
Ms. Brown provides paralegal expertise on a wide range of matters involving environmental and regulatory compliance and defense. Ms. Brown’s experience includes hazardous waste and materials, weights and measures, air and water quality, infill development projects, litigation support and trial preparation.
Ms. Brown has significant experience working on complex matters under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (“RCRA”) and its state counterparts, as well as at the Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”), National Environmental Protection Act (“NEPA”), Porter-Cologne, and the Clean Water Act (“CWA”). She has specialized knowledge of the regulatory framework governing controversial land use and development projects, as well as environmental compliance and litigation in California and nationally. Ms. Brown has extensive experience with water law, including expertise in the Water Boards’ cost recovery process and enforcement, citizen suits, and NPDES permitting. Additionally, she provides trial paralegal services in complex technical matters involving environmental remediation and disputed liability actions. Prior to working in the environmental law field, Ms. Brown gained over 10 years of tort litigation experience.
- Assisting with implementing hazardous waste management program for national retailer, including development and preparation of hazardous waste management compliance trainings and program documents for national retailer.
- Performing hazardous waste management compliance trainings for national retailer.
- Performing hazardous waste management program compliance audits for national retailer and automotive body repair chain.
- Trial paralegal in complex environmental remediation and breach of contract litigation involving a TPH contaminated site with a decade of site investigation and characterization, oversight by the Regional Water Board, and the imposition of an environmental covenant.
- Assisting in development of presentations for seminars, including research and analysis of emerging case law and penalty trends germane to the presentation subject matter.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento Sacramento
- Paralegal, Business & Professions Code §6450(c) 2003
- Associate of Arts, Liberal Studies, American River College 2014
- State Bar of California, Los Angeles, California (First & Second Year Legal Studies)