Washington’s Department of Ecology (the “Department”) announced that its Hazardous Waste and Toxic Reduction Program will hold an informational webinar on December 2, 2019, beginning at 1:00 p.m. The webinar will focus on draft amendments to the Dangerous Waste Regulations, which the Department believes will improve management of pharmaceutical wastes, recalled airbags and hazardous wastes shipped on electronic manifests. The draft regulations seek to incorporate new federal hazardous waste rules as well as state-initiated amendments, including:
- Management Standards for Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals and Amendments to the P075 Listing for Nicotine
- Safe Management of Recalled Airbags
- Hazardous Waste Management System: User Fees for the Electronic Hazardous Waste Manifest System and Amendments to Manifest Regulations
- Purported corrections and clarifications to the Generator Improvements rule and other dangerous waste rules adopted January 28, 2019
- Updating Biological Testing Methods for the Designation of Dangerous Waste publication 80-12
The Department will be opening a 30-day informal comment period on the draft regulations beginning November 22, 2019. At that time, the Department will post the draft rules and details about comment submission procedures on the Dangerous Waste Rulemaking website: https://ecology.wa.gov/Regulations-Permits/Laws-rules-rulemaking/Rulemaking/WAC173-303.
The Department has invited all interested parties to participate. To join the webinar, go to:
- Meeting Number: 807 344 726
- Meeting Password: Ecology1
For audio only, call 1-415-655-0001 or toll free 1-877-668-4493 and enter access code: 807 344 726.
If you would like more information about how the new regulations may affect you or your business, please contact us at Contact@HartmanKingLaw.com.