520 Capitol Mall, Suite 750
Sacramento, CA 95814
Ms. Lungren is Counsel at Hartman King PC. She represents clients from a wide range of business sectors including commercial and agricultural landowners, professional fiduciaries, retailers, the auto industry, manufacturers and energy and petroleum facilities. Ms. Lungren provides compliance advice and defense with respect to numerous federal, state and local laws, including those involving hazardous substances, hazardous waste, water quality, weights and measures and related consumer protection laws. Ms. Lungren also assists clients in contaminated property transactions, providing strategic guidance in site investigations and the remediation of contaminated urban and agricultural properties. Ms. Lungren defends clients in federal and state court and represents clients before government agencies in enforcement actions.
- Defense of commercial property owners against hazardous waste enforcement action brought by county prosecutors, successfully reducing monetary penalty amounts and narrowing injunctive provisions.
- Provide advice to brick and mortar and online retailers with respect to compliance with weights and measures regulations and packaging and labeling requirements.
- Assist landowner with annual reporting related to permitted water right and compliance requirements.
- Successful challenges to regulating agencies’ enforcement notices against leading natural and organic food grocery chain, resulting in withdrawal of alleged violations.
- Providing support and advice to range of companies on reporting obligations under various environmental laws, including those regulating: underground and aboveground storage of hazardous substances, water diversion, waste discharge, storm water discharge management and compliance, hazardous substance handling and storage requirements, and emergency spill reporting requirements
- Defense of clients in the energy, retail and food industries in district attorney civil enforcement actions.
- Defense of clients against citizen-suits brought under the federal Clean Water Act and state counterpart.
- Identifying improvements to and spearheading implementation of hazardous materials compliance program for leading natural and organic grocery retail company.
- Representation of almond processor in supply contract dispute in federal court resulting in successful settlement terms.
- Providing strategic advice to landowners regarding contaminated property site investigation and remediation before purchase and sale of agriculture and urban properties.
- Representation of municipality in Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) action.
- Advice and reporting support to private labeling client regarding the Air Resources Board Safer Consumer Products program.
- Project development and management of Supplemental Environmental Projects pursuant to Consent Agreement and Final Orders with U.S. EPA.
- Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office, Deputy District Attorney
- Harrison Temblador Hungerford and Johnson, Environmental Attorney
- California Emergency Management Agency (formerly Governor’s Office of Homeland Security), Critical Infrastructure Protection Analyst
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law; Sacramento, California (J.D., 2009; McGeorge Law Review, Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court.)
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana (B.A., 2004)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Agribusiness Committee, Business Law Section, California Lawyers Association (Formerly a part of the State Bar of California)
- California Farm Bureau Federation, Amador County
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento, Member of the Board
- Horses Healing Heroes, Member of the Board
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Team-Bri, Founding Member
- Supporter of Best Buddies International
Admitted to Practice