Mr. Bowlin specializes in environmental and regulatory compliance counseling, litigation and enforcement defense, site investigation and remediation and real estate transactions involving contaminated properties. From performing leak detection and repair services on oil fields throughout California to advising on one of the largest environmental cleanup projects in the United States, his experience at both the field and executive levels of environmental compliance gives him a comprehensive understanding of environmental law. Mr. Bowlin has successfully represented individuals and companies in civil and administrative enforcement proceedings, contaminated property litigation, and citizen suits.
- Defending corporate clients and property owners against governmental enforcement actions, including administrative compliance orders, information requests, and cleanup and abatement orders.
- Advising corporate clients on a range of environmental compliance and permitting issues, including those pertaining to solid and hazardous waste management, air and water quality, and stormwater management.
- Representing clients involving various topics of environmental law, including CERCLA, RCRA and the Porter-Cologne and Hazardous Substances Account Act.
- Successful representation of a retail client with negotiating resolution of alleged hazardous waste violations asserted by federal and state enforcement agencies.
- Project development and management of Supplemental Environmental Projects pursuant to Consent Agreement and Final Orders with U.S. EPA.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Energy Bar Association
- American Chemical Society
- Air and Waste Management Association
- Young Professionals in Energy
- National Conference on Weights and Measures
- American Agricultrual Law Association
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D., 2015 (Certificate of Concentrations in both “Green Business Law” and “Environmental and Natural Resources Law”)
- University of California, Santa Cruz, B.A., Environmental Studies, 2011
Admitted to Practice in