With extensive experience in environmental remediation projects, we are uniquely equipped to help our clients identify potential environmental liability exposure and address any problems in the most timely and cost-effective manner possible.
We have a long history assisting clients in the defense and settlement of claims asserted by local, state, and federal governments including representing clients through the administrative proceedings process and negotiating work required under cleanup and abatement orders, cease and desist orders, unilateral administrative orders, stipulated judgments, and consent decrees.
Our extensive experience includes representing clients before such entities as:
- Federal Environmental Protection Agency
- California Environmental Protection Agency
- California Department of Toxic Substances Control
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Regional Water Quality Control Boards
- California Air Resources Board
- Department of Fish and Game
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation
- California Department of Resources Recycling & Recovery
With a focus on minimizing the risks of liability and implementing cost-effective strategies, we engage applicable regulatory agencies to establish an appropriate scope of investigation, cleanup goals, and cost-effective remedies.
Through tactical representation and negotiations, we have successfully contested proposed enforcement orders and have resolved administrative actions, as well as defending clients against government inspections, administrative audits, and notices of violation.